Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bautista consolidates fifth in Australia

bautista phillip island race 
 
  Álvaro Bautista 

“We have achieved our objective in Phillip Island but I have to recognise that if it wasn't for the crash from Dani Pedrosa I would have been sixth. I am disappointed for him because he has produced some extraordinary races recently but he lost the championship on the second lap. In the warm-up we could see that Crutchlow had a better pace than us so when I saw Pedrosa crash I just tried my best to stick in the group behind Lorenzo in the hope we could fight for the podium but we were lacking straight-line speed.

All the time I lost down the straight I had to make up for the rest of the lap but it was a fun battle with Dovizioso and Bradl, we passed each other many times and the race went quickly for me. I made one last attempt at the end but again Dovizioso got me down the straight and then did a good job to close every door. Anyway it's a positive result so thanks to all the team and now let's hope we can seal fifth in the championship at Valencia. ”


Fausto Gresini, Team Owner 

“Fifth place for Álvaro confirms the progress he has made in the second half of the season and it is a credit to the hard work of his team. I am confident now about a grand finale in Valencia and hopefully fifth in the championship because they deserve it.”

Sumber / Source : MotoGp.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment